This is a nice, healthy and easy breakfast to make. I love hollandaise sauce on my eggs and asparagus but that’s a very rich sauce full of tonnes of butter which is ok occasionally but today I opted for something on the healthier side. I like my eggs poached over easy and then I don’t miss the sauce.
Asparagus with Poached Egg
- 1 bunch of asparagus woody ends removed
- 4 eggs
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vnegar
- Bring a large frying pan of salted water to the boil over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Use tongs to transfer the asparagus to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- In a clean pan, add the vinegar to the water in pan. Bring the water to a simmer and then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Use a spoon to stir the water to make a whirlpool. Carefully pour the egg into the center of the whirlpool.
- Cook for 4 minutes for a soft yolk or until cooked to your liking. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Divide the asparagus among serving plates. Top with an egg. Season with salt and pepper. Top with Parmesan to serve.
Recipe from Taste.com