BBQ “Beer Can” Chicken
1 whole chicken, skin on (organic chicken recommended)
In the can:
1/2 can of iced tea
1 tsp rosemary
1 green chili, chopped
1/2 of a lemon
2-3 tbsp oil
salt, to taste
1 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
- Empty half the can of iced tea and add rosemary and the green chilies to it.
- Cut 1/2 of a lemon and stuff it in the neck to block the steam inside the chicken.
- Make a paste with the remaining ingredients and rub over the chicken on the inside and the outside.
- Skewer the chicken onto a beer can chicken skewer.
- Turn one burner of the BBQ on full heat and cook it over the part without the flame covered for 1.5 hours.
- Rotate the chicken a bit every 20 minutes.