Chicken Broccoli Alferedo
8 ounces rotini pasta
generous amount of salt (for the boiling pasta water)
1 small head of broccoli florets
1 tbsp olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
For the sauce:
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Within the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli and drain well.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and all three peppers. Heat oil in a skillet to medium high and add chicken cook until cooked through and golden brown on the outside. Remove chicken from the skillet.
- Melt butter in same emptied skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned (approx 1 minute). Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook whisking constantly until it thickens (1-2 mins).
- Stir in Parmesan until well combined, stir in pasta, broccoli and chicken.Serve immediately