This is a quick and nutritious method of cooking your chicken, the pesto really adds a nice little punch of extra flavor to the dish and it’s super filling without the need for any rice/quinoa/pasta. the recipe called for cherry tomatoes which I didn’t have on hand at the time of making this recipe so I went ahead and used what I had.
Chicken with Pesto over White Beans and Green Peas
- 4 Chicken thighs
- 140 g Cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Scallions thinly slicked (keep greens & whites separate)
- 15 ml White wine vinegar
- 540 ml White kidney beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 100 g Green peas
- 15 ml Arugula pesto
- 12 g Chicken demi-glace chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- In a large pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook, partially covered, 4 to 6 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate leaving any brown bits (or fonin the pan.
- In the reserved pan of fond, heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium. Add the white bottoms of the scallions. Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the beans, demi-glace and ½ cup of water (double for 4 portions). Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, until the beans are heated through.
- Add the tomatoes, green peas and vinegar to the pan of beans. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, until thoroughly combined; season with S&P to taste.
Divide the beans and vegetables between your plates. Top with the cooked chicken and spoon the arugula pesto over top. Garnish with the green tops of the scallions.
Recipe from Make Good Food