Such a unique dragon bowl recipe with grilled tofu.
Grilled Tofu Dragon bowls
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 Scallions thinly sliced (keep whites and green tops separated)
- 1 cup multi-colored carrots thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup snow peas or sugar snap peas, ends removed, tough string that runs along it removed, and sliced in half
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce reduced in sodium
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp White miso paste
- 1 cup Red ricesalt and pepper
- 2 tsp Korean spice blend sea salt, brown sugar, gochugaru, white sesame seeds, garlic, sunflower oil, black pepper, ginger
- 225 g Tofu
- In a medium pot, combine the rice, 2 1/2 cups of water and a big pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and let simmer, 35 to 40 minutes, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed.Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork and set aside in a warm spot.Heat your BBQ or Griddle to high, making sure to oil it first (or heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on medium-high). Season the tofu with the spice blend and salt and pepper.
- Add the seasoned tofu to the BBQ (or to your paand cook, 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned and heated through.In a bowl, combine the carrots, snow peas, white bottoms of the scallions and a splash of vinegar; season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
- In a bowl, combine the ginger and garlic, tahini, miso, soy sauce, maple syrup and remaining vinegar; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the finished rice between your bowls. Top with the grilled tofu and seasoned vegetables. Drizzle with as much of the sauce as you’d like. Garnish with the green tops of the scallions
Recipe from Good Food