The name says it all, this soup is a a little bit sour with a kick of spice in it as well. I caught a cold again and wanted some chicken soup so I opted for a more flavorful version of it instead. The veggies in this recipe can be substituted, you can toss in any veggies that you have at home in your refrigerator or pantry. This is a perfect way to warm up and forget about nasty weather outside right now.
Hot and Sour Soup
- 1 kg boneless chicken cut into small cubes
- 1 floret cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 4 leaves of cabbage cut into thin strips
- 4 small carrots peeled and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green onion sliced
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 small green chilies crushed
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 tsp cornflour
- soya sauce, red chili sauce, and vinegar for serving
- In a deep saucepan boil the chicken in 6 cups of water for 15 minutes.
- Add veggies and boil for another 10 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, soya sauce, and green chilies.
- Mix the corn flour in half a cup of cold water and stir into the soup.
- While stirring add egg and mix until cooked, about 1 minute.Serve with soya sauce, red chili sauce and vinegar.