Berries, lemon, and mint all scream summer to me. This cake is super easy to whip up and you don’t have to be stuck in a hot kitchen for very long because decorating it is really quick. You can either go ahead and use a store bought cake mix if you’re short on time and just add the juice from half a lemon and some finely chopped mint to the batter. You can also go ahead and make some white cake from scratch using my white cake recipe and then assemble the cake just before serving it.
Lemon Mint Cake with Whipped Cream and Berries
- 1 white cake recipe or one box of cake mix baked in 2 cake pans as per package directions
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped mint
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp sugar
- fresh berries washed and sliced as per preference
- While mixing together the cake ingredients, add 2 tbsp of lemon juice, and the fresh chopped mint to the batter. Prepare and cool the cake as per directions.
- Using an electric mixer whip the whipping cream until it becomes fluffy and gets stiff peaks. Slowly add in the vanilla and sugar and whip some more to get it all mixed together properly.
- To assemble the cake put the bottom layer of the cake in the serving plate/stand top with some whipped cream but leave a bit of a border on the edges (i.e. don't spread the cream to the very edge).
- Add some berries and then top with the second layer of cake and repeat.
Assemble the cake just before serving it