This recipe can be made either in the oven or on the grill. The directions that I’ve provided here are for baking these in the oven but in the summer I usually grill the chicken skewers instead. Be very careful not to overcook chicken breast meat though because it becomes very dry.
Methi Murgh Malai Tikka
- 2 pounds boneless chicken cubed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice plus extra for garnishing
- 1 tsp chopped green chilies
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek
- 3 tbsp oil plus extra for basting
- 250 g yogurt
- 300 ml cream optional
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Marinate the chicken cubes in everything but the chaat masala and leave it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C and skewer the chicken pieces. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Brush the top with 1 tbsp oil and return to the oven to roast for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chaat masala and lemon juice before serving.