This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients and the combination of flavors is really delicious.
Moroccan Spiced Grilled Chicken
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, chicken pieces (I used leg and thigh)
- Mix the marinade ingredients (yogurt, lemon juice, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt, and peppetogether in a medium sized bowl.
- Marinate the chicken, cover and refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours to overnight.
- Heat your grill to high and grill the chicken over direct high heat a 8-10 minutes on one side.
- Turn the pieces over and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Be sure not to overcook.