I remember being served a number of different salads in Morocco that are all eaten kind of like a dip scoped up with some pita or spooned on-top of some bread. This was served cold but I guess it’s personal preference whether you’d like to have it warm or cold. The ingredients are super simple and the prep time is minimal. This salad can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
Moroccan Zucchini Salad
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh zucchini 750 g. (not peeled then cut into small cubes)
- 2 tbsp cup olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Place the cubed zucchini in a skillet with the olive oil, garlic, spices, and water. Cover and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally, for about 7 to 8 minutes, or until the zucchini is crisp-tender. Do not over cook.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley then continue simmering, uncovered, until the liquid has reduced and the zucchini is tender but not mushy.
- Serve warm or cold with bread, or pita
Recipe adapted from The Spruce Eats