Sweet Potato Muffins
600 g sweet potatoes or ½ a butternut squash
4 spring onions
1-2 fresh red chillies
6 large free-range eggs
3 tablespoons cottage cheese
250 g wholemeal self-raising flour
50 g Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F grease a 12 holed muffin tin. (If you do line it, line it with grease proof paper).
- Peel the sweet potatoes or squash and coarsely grate into a large bowl. Trim the spring onions, then finely slice with the chilli and add to the bowl, reserving half the chilli to one side.
- Crack in the eggs, add the cottage cheese and flour, then finely grate in most of the Parmesan and season with sea salt and black pepper. Mix until nicely combined.
- Evenly divide the muffin mixture between the cases. Sprinkle over the sunflower and poppy seeds, then dot over the reserved slices of chilli. Use the remaining Parmesan to give a light dusting of cheese over each one.
- Bake at the bottom of the oven for 45 to 50 minutes (if using squash, it’ll be a bit quicker – check after 35 minutes), or until golden and set.