I had posted a chocolate chip banana bread recipe way back in 2015, super tasty but a little bit on the less moist side as far as banana breads go. That recipe may well work at a lower altitude but this updated recipe is for a super moist banana bread (even at high altitude). I know there’re a few different preferences when it comes to banana bread. Some like their bread with walnuts or chocolate chips and others like their’s simply as is. How you prefer your bread is entirely up to you, this recipe works with any kinds of nut’s or no nuts at all without having to alter any of the other ingredients in the recipe. If you like a particular type of nut sub walnuts for your favorite, if you don’t want any nuts at all take them out altogether.
Mix the wet ingredients
Sift together the dry ingredients and make the banana mixture.
Super Moist Banana Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3-4 very ripe bananas peeled & mashed
- 3 tbsp whole fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F°, grease and flour a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together both flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, set aside.
- In a separate bowl mash the banana, and mix in the yogurt and vanilla, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, and oil until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and nuts or chocolate chips (if you're using them).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of bread comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 10-15 minutes before removing the bread from the pan.
This recipe is from Mountain Mama Cooks