I got this recipe from http://addapinch.com/ and made a huge stack of them to freeze and use for breakfast when I'm in a rush. I love the addition of lemon and fresh fruit in these pancakes, it completely transforms them.
Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
2 cups flour, self-rising
3 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons butter, melted + butter for griddle and serving
1 cup fresh blueberries
zest of 1 lemon
1. Combine dry ingredients and gently whisk through to mix.
2. Add lemon juice to whole milk and let stand for about five minutes to create a buttermilk substitute.
3. Add eggs and melted butter to milk mixture and whisk to combine.
Combine wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Do not over mix. Add in blueberries and lemon zest and gently stir to combine.
4. Heat griddle over medium heat. Prepare griddle with butter. Drop ¼ cup scoops of batter onto griddle. Cook about 2 minutes, until pancake has cooked on the bottom and set on top. Flip once.
5. Top with a touch of butter while still piping hot.
Serve hot with your favorite maple or pancake syrup.
I love to eat! I've been baking since before I was a teenager and exploring more with cooking for the past decade. This section of the site is dedicated to my experiments in the kitchen.
Search this site: