Baked eggs are delicious- actually eggs in any form are delicious! This is a super quick recipe for baked eggs. If you’re only making one or two you can pop this into your toaster oven instead of your conventional oven. The recipe below indicates the amounts required for one ramekin. You want to bake these until the whites are set and the yolks are still a little runny
Saucy Baked Eggs
A few tbsp of chunky tomato sauce
Sprinkle of your favorite cheese
Some herbs or chives to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Add a few tbsp of tomato sauce to the bottom of the ramekin
3. Sprinkle some of your favorite cheese overtop the sauce
4. Crack an egg into a separate bowl and then make a small indentation in the cheese and sauce and carefully lower the egg into it.
5. Bake for approx. 20 minutes until the whites are set
6. Garnish and serve warm
These are great with toast!
I love to eat! I've been baking since before I was a teenager and exploring more with cooking for the past decade. This section of the site is dedicated to my experiments in the kitchen.
Search this site: